Dots

Wednesday

Keeps us laughing, and BUSY


I really can't believe that "Cole-man" is already 18 months old today.   I don't know what has happened but it seems like overnight our sweet little boy has turned into the most adorable little mess maker in the world.  Even though he keeps us on our toes there isn't a day where his antics don't bring a smile to our face.

For example....
- Last week I returned from a business trip and had some snacks in my bag - including Chex Mix.  I turned my back for just 1 second to find the entire bag emptied out into my suitcase - of course all over the clothes that were clean!  The highlight was after Cole finished doing this he dropped the bag of Chex and gave himself a round of applause.  
-While I was on my business trip Daddy taught Cole how to get his own cereal out of the box.  This week Ryan is traveling and I get to pay for all the lessons he taught Cole while I was gone :)  It just so happened that Cole also had a 10AM doctors appointment for his 18 month check up today.  I made the mistake of thinking I could save some time and just keep Cole home with me instead of driving him to daycare and then picking him up again, while I saved time in the car my mistake was thinking I would actually get some things accomplished.  In the 5 minutes I was on the phone trying to knock out some work (note: Cole was only 2 feet from me),  Cole developed his "cereal box" skills further - and mastered pouring them out of the box....ALL.OVER.THE.FLOOR.  While I was sweeping that up (and still on the phone - multitasking is overrated) he found the spice jar of garlic and poured that all over the floor too.   Then he tried to help clean that up with his hands - I am sure the nurse and doctors questioned why a baby smells like garlic (at 10AM).  It always amazes me that people think that because I am working from home that I have Cole here with me.  Just last week on my business trip a co-worker asked me what Cole was doing since I was gone?  Are you kidding me?  He is at school just like he is when I am at home.  I would get nothing accomplished - other than getting myself fired.  
-Once we got to the doctors office he was walking around and noticed a skeleton (Halloween decoration) and pointed at it and said "Daddy" - one of the nurses heard him and said "wow, your Dad must be very thin!"   Don't believe Ryan, I do feed him I swear!  Then it was time for them to get vitals on Cole - CLEARY we are feeding him.  At his 1 year appointment he was in about the 6-7% for weight, today he is at 64% - the poor little guy is still a shorty though and is not even on the charts for his height.  However his head is in the 98%.  So maybe he's a little disproportionate?  Or maybe he just has the Wyttenbach genes in this case :)  
He had to get his flu shot today which he wasn't happy about at all - the nurse gave him a sucker though and he quickly forgot all about it!   


No comments:

Post a Comment